Welcome to Regina P. Etherton & Associates, LLC. Our law firm is devoted to recovering compensation for victims injured through the fault of others. The firm concentrates in pursuing personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death claims. We are successful, passionate, and ethical in our prosecution of all matters. In the past recent years our settlements and verdicts have exceeded $52,000,000.
Below are just a few of Regina P. Etherton’s many accomplishments throughout her distinguished career
- Selected as Top Women Attorney in Illinois by Leading Lawyers Network (2016-2019)
- Selected as Top Jury Verdicts and Settlements in Illinois (2016)
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers list (2008-2010, 2013-2019)
- Selected as Top Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Lawyer and Top Attorney by Leading Lawyers Network (2007-2019)
- Co-Chairman: Chicago Bar Association-Lawyer Referral Service (2015-2019) and Vice-Chairman (2011-2014)
- TV Show Featured Guest Appearance (3/14/2015 on MeTV and 3/15/2015 on MeToo TV) Produced/Hosted by Now.Chicago – WCIU THE U
- One of the Top Female Personal Injury Attorneys in Illinois (2008-2010, 2013-2019)
- American Bar Foundation – Fellow (2014-present)
- Regina P. Etherton & Regina P. Etherton & Associates, LLC-Nominees for 2014 Litigator Awards from Trial Lawyers Board of Regents
- Ranked 11th in Chicago’s Top 35 Verdicts & Settlements in 2012 and highest ranked female attorney on list
- American Bar Association, Appointed as Board Member-Standing Committee on Lawyer Referral and Information Service (2013-2016)
- Top 100 Leading Women Consumer Lawyers (2012-2017)
- Top 1% of Medical Malpractice Trial Counsel in Illinois (2012)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association (2007-2011)
- One of Four Top Leading Women Attorneys in All Areas of Practice in Illinois (2009)(2011)
- Litigation Counsel of America: Trial Lawyer Honorary Society – Fellow (2010)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Managers (2008-present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocated Forum (Lifetime Member) (2007-present)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Lifetime Member) (2006-present)
- One of 500 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America (2006-2007)
Our firm’s noteworthy verdicts and settlements have been featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin; Chicago Magazine; Cook County Jury Verdict Reporter; Illinois Jury Verdict Reporter; Verdicts, Settlements, & Tactics; Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Magazine; Vested Interest; Mealey’s Insurance Law Weekly; and the Justinian Society Magazine.
Below are some of the firm’s recent settlements and verdicts:
- $6,500,000 (Judgment) 57-year-old truck driver killed in downstate Illinois by a truck.
- $6,250,000 (Settlement) Married couple hit by a Chicago city dump truck on a downtown intersection while photographing a wedding.
- $3,500,000 (Settlement) Plaintiff, a single male, who had elective hernia surgery suffered a lymphatic leak.
- $2,218,665 (Settlement) with the City of Chicago for a downtown bicycle accident.
- $2,160,000 (Settlement) Plaintiff, a burn victim, sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
- $2,100,000 (Settlement) Disabled pedestrian hit by a truck and fractured her wrist and leg.
- $1,917,120 (Verdict) Record-setting verdict against City of Chicago for a 39-year-old male bicyclist who fractured his shoulder after hitting a pothole in downtown Chicago.
- $1,725,000 (Settlement) Plaintiff, a middle-aged man, suffered a dural tear and spinal instability after defendants performed unnecessary spinal surgery.
- $1,503,507 (Award) Declaratory judgment action against State Farm Insurance Company for failure to defend its insureds in a lawsuit that emanated from a trucking collision.
- $1,300,000 (Settlement) 84-year-old suffered leg amputation and subsequently died from complications after being struck by defendant’s vehicle at O’Hare International Airport.
- $1,051,234 (Verdict) Verdict for man whose internist failed to diagnose and treat syphilis.
- $1,000,000 (Settlement) 55-year old man whose internist failed to diagnose a rectal abnormality during two annual physical examinations which caused the tumor’s stage to advance.
- $1,000,000 (Settlement) 18-month-old death after misdiagnosis of middle ear infection by Chicago Hospital.
- $940,000 (Settlement) Plaintiff suffered neurologic injuries as a result of an internal medicine physician’s failure to properly diagnose his rash condition.
- $850,000 (Settlement) 71-year-old victim of Nursing Home malpractice.
- $750,000 (Settlement) Plaintiff’s baby suffered permanent brachial plexus injury at birth as a result of improper delivery procedures.
- $750,000 (Settlement) 17-year-old misdiagnosed by a Chicago Hospital’s emergency room with bronchitis instead of congestive heart failure.
- $625,000 (Settlement) 8-day-old baby death due to improper prenatal care by a family practice physician.
- $600,000 (Settlement) 35-year-old male death after Chicago Hospital failed to timely perform hernia surgery.
- $600,000 (Settlement) 49-year-old female bicyclist who was struck by an SUV.
- $575,000 (Settlement) 45-year-old female patron of downtown Chicago sidewalk cafe who fractured her ankle when her shoe heel became caught in a tree grate.
- $500,000 (Settlement) 52-year-old immigrant whose internist improperly treated his cardiac arrhythmia.
- $500,000 (Settlement) Stillborn baby due to failure of a Chicago Hospital to properly evaluate the mother.